You followed us around the country with Darren’s travelogue as we heard auditions from 200+ singers selected from a pool of over 300 applications. After much travel and even more deliberation – we are so excited to share our 2019 roster with you! A few fun facts about this stellar group of 32 young performers to get us started:
- 14 are returning for a second or third summer on the hill (we love familiar faces!) and 18 are brand new (and we can’t wait to get to know them, too!).
- 9 are sopranos; 6 are mezzo-sopranos; 6 are tenors; and 11 are baritones/basses.
- They hail from 20 different US states and 3 countries (USA, Russia, and China).
- All 32 singers have or are currently completing a Bachelor’s Degree; 22 have or are completing a Master’s Degree; and 4 have or are completing a Performance Certificate or Doctoral Degree.
- They will collectively perform 42 roles in 4 operas and 2 musicals over the course of our 2019 season. [whew!]
You can visit our 2019 Artists page to learn more about each individual singer. Know them, love them, and better yet – come hear them sing this summer from June-August! Season tickets are on sale now, and single tickets will be available starting April 1. You don’t want to miss a moment of our exciting 104th season!